How to make a liability claim?
If an incident occurs that you believe may lead to legal action or non-legal action by a third party, you should contact JLT Sport immediately on 1300 130 373 (preferably within 48 hours of the occurrence) and complete the general liability claim form.
An incident may include (but is not limited to) any of the following examples:
- An individual or group asking your club for payment of property damage caused during a club activity.
- Legal action against the club for negligence (breached duty of care).
- Legal action against a director of the club for libel, slander or other misleading statements.
- An employee claiming harassment, discrimination or unfair dismissal.
- An employee or volunteer stealing from club funds.
- Legal action against a coach or umpire for negligent acts, errors or omissions.
In these cases, it is important that you or other members of your club do not admit any liability or discuss the matter with a third party.
JLT Sport’s claims staff will advise you on the correct course of action.
Liability Claims relate to the following Policies:
- General Public and Products Liability (including Errors and Omissions).
- Club Management Liability including Directors and Officers, Employment Practices and Employee Theft (for incorporated bodies only).