Loss of Income Claims
Loss of Income cover is OPTIONAL and must be purchased separately by your club or applied for by individual players. Check with your club that you are covered for Loss of Income benefits prior to making a Loss of Income Claim.
How to make a loss of income claim?
- Obtain a copy of JLT Sport’s Personal Injury Claim Form
- Download it here; or
- Phone Echelon; on 1800 640 009 who will post a copy to you
- Complete all sections of the Claim Form (including Section C)
- Send your completed form to Echelon within 180 days from the date of injury (earlier is preferable)
- Echelon will confirm receipt of your claim and/or make contact with you should they require further information
The cover will be either 80% of the members’ net weekly income or the dollar amount purchased by the club/individual – whichever is the lesser.
A 14 or 49 day elimination period applies (dependant on the cover purchased). The excess applicable is 14 or 49 days (as purchased by the club), unless your sick leave balance exceeds this, in which case your sick leave balance becomes your excess period.
The maximum benefit period is 52 weeks.
Please note that payments will be made to claimants net of tax.
A 14 day elimination period applies commencing from the first day medical treatment was sought for an injury resulting in total or partial disablement, for which no compensation is payable.